Tuesday, January 27, 2015

#1 - Fashion Blogs

As a part timer blogger, there are many blogs that I like to follow and get inspired by. There are many types of fashion blogs throughout the Internet which I absorb from, whether fashion based only or something that involves travel, or include great photography work for street style for example.

I visit these blogs almost every day, and highly recommend that if you have never visited them before, now would be a great time to check them out for yourselves, especially with this boring, blizzard day. Three of my favorite ones are:


The Man Repeller


http://www.manrepeller.com/

Leandra Medine is probably one of the most well-known fashion bloggers in the industry today. She is a cool, Jewish, New York girl, with large quantities of humor and a great deal of taste and style. In her blog, which is more of a website, there are many entries about fashion, beauty, culture and more. I think that what makes her so unique is the fact that she is sassy, risk-taking and a bit of a tomboy, and very inspiring.  



Catolines Mode (Stockholm Street-Style)


http://carolinesmode.com/stockholmstreetstyle/

I stumbled upon Stockholm Street-style over two years ago, and I fell in love immediately. The blog is divided in two, there is the street-style part where she takes pictures of good looking outfits that she sees in the streets of Stockholm and also during fashion weeks around Europe (Paris, Milan, Copenhagen and more). The other part is her own personal style, she uploads trend boards, style entries and her own street style looks (which personally I love, I find her style simple, classic and normcore in a way that makes me relate to it). In addition, the quality of the large pictures is insanely good and really makes the viewer pay attention to all of the outfit details. 



The reason I love Natalie Off Duty is because I think she managed to reach many people around the world with her unique style. One of the things I believe that draws so many people to her style is the fact that she doesn't only use high-end brands and expensive items. Sure, she owns them, but her wardrobe doesn't include branded names only; she wear a lot of vintage clothing and secondhand items. She reminds me a lot of a Brooklyn girl with her bohemian style (which is not necessarily my style). However, it is cool, creative and makes one, want to go for a stroll in places like Beacon's Closet and Buffalo Exchange!



No comments :

Post a Comment