Friday, August 29, 2014

The Sun Also Rises

Few months ago I read this book by Hemingway but it was only after I read the last line of it. This book happened to become my favorite one by far. I wonder, if we could know how would we end up in our life, would we not be enthusiastic? or hungry for more? would we settle? 
I wonder. 

'..A taxi came up the street, the waiter hanging out at the side. I tipped him and told the driver where to drive, and got in beside Brett. The driver started up the street. I settled back. Brett moved close to me. We sat close against each other. I put my arm around her and she rested against me comfortably. It was very hot and bright, and the houses looked sharply white. We turned out onto the Gran Via.
"Oh, Jake," Brett said, "we could have had such a damned good time together."
Ahead was a mounted policeman in khaki directing traffic. He raised his baton. The car slowed suddenly pressing Brett against me. 
"Yes," I said. "Isn’t it pretty to think so?" ' 


And with this lovely words I attached a lovely shot by Ross Thomas. Take a look at: 




No comments :

Post a Comment